Sunday, April 22, 2012

RE: BUCHANAN, Douglas E.

From: 西ヶ廣 渉
To: Susie Jones
Cc: 'wataru nishigahiro'
Sent: Sat, April 21, 2012 1:22:23 AM
Subject: RE: BUCHANAN, Douglas E.

Dear Susie,

Thank you very much for letting me know of the passing away of Mr Douglas Buchanan. I was greatly shocked. He was the best friend when I was at Centerville High as an exchange student. He taught me many things when I was totally at loss at a “foreign” environment. I feel sad whenever my friends in my youths passes away one by one. But, on the other hand, I am happy to know that people like you are doing all right, sound and healthy.

As for myself, the last year was terrible. In the beginning of the year, my mother passed away. Towards end of February, I had to escape from Tripoli, Libya, where I was the Ambassador of Japan. I lived in Tunice, Tokyo and Cairo for eight months. At the end of October, I was able to return to Tripoli only to find the collapsed government and a lot of gun-fires. I returned to Tokyo in March this year and preparing to take up the next and the final post as the Ambassador of Japan to Luxembourg.

Luxembourg is not famous and only a small-sized country located in the border area of France, Germany and Belgium. Yet, it is the country with the highest per-capita income in the world with rich historical background. I shall be arriving in Luxembourg in June. Hope to see you and your husband sometimes in Europe.

Yours sincerely,
Wataru

No comments:

Post a Comment